||Cook crawfish and corn in REX Crab Boil
1) Make Boiled Crawfish Stock: In a pot, add the seasoned boiled whole crawfish. Crush the crawfish with a meat mallet. Add the cold water and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes. Strain and set aside. This should yield about 7 cups of stock.
2) In a separate pot, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over high heat. Add the celery and onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are soft and clear.
3) Reduce heat to low. Add the garlic, REX® Cajun Creole Seasoning, salt, and corn kernels. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
4) Add 7 cups of Seasoned Boiled Crawfish Stock and bring the mixture to a boil.
5) Make a blond roux: Melt 6 tablespoons of butter in a skillet over low heat. Gradually whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute, whisking constantly.
6) Add the roux to the boiling stock mixture. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the cream and cook for 5 minutes.
7) Add the green onions and fresh peeled crawfish tails. Return the mixture to a boil. Remove from heat and serve immediately. Yields 12 cups.
|Back to Recipes